Friday, September 7, 2012

Still Struggling

I've still been struggling this week with my running.  I would have thought after my great Chi Running lesson last Saturday that I would WANT to go out and run.  But I haven't.  That said, I did manage to go out on two runs this week.  Tuesday and Friday I brought my running clothes with me to work and changed into them before I left.  Instead of heading to Lake Merritt like I have been lately I went to the Lafayette Reservoir.  I used to walk the 2.75 mile loop a lot when I lived near there so I thought I'd try running it. 

Both days I struggled.  The reservoir is a bit hilly and I usually avoid hills at all costs.  I definitely had a hard time running up all of the hills.  I told myself it was OK to walk up the steep parts of the hill as long as I ran whenever the hill was gradual or flat.  So I did that.  Both days after I finished I felt pretty good.  I was slightly down on myself for not being able to run the entire thing but I guess that is something to work towards.  I did like how I felt different muscles in my legs when I was going up or down the hills.  I'm going to keep tackling the reservoir until I can run the entire thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment