Tuesday, September 25, 2012

2 Miles

When I got home tonight I had 30 minutes before M and the boys would be home.  I wanted to get a run in but I was feeling super unmotivated.  The quiet house all to myself sounded really appealing.  I forced myself to get dressed and head out though.  I told myself I wasn't going to set out on any set mileage run.  I was just going to run.  When I stopped enjoying it I could turn around and come back. 

I'm a slow runner.  My usual pace is about 10 minute miles, sometimes 10:30.  Imagine my surprise when I came home after 2 miles and saw that I did it in 17 minutes!  I ran much faster than I normally do and felt great! 
It definitely made me think that maybe I need to get out of my head sometimes.  I shouldn't get so hung up on how far I want to run and instead just run.  Because 8 months ago I wasn't running more than a minute without having to take a walk break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment