Thursday, September 13, 2012

Making my way back

I went out for a run last night and it was good - not great, but considering how bad my runs have been lately I'll take good.  I got home at 5pm.  It was a crazy afternoon.  I knew if I didn't go for a run right away then I might not make it.  I asked M if he would watch the boys and was out the door.  It was hot (mid 80s) and I was running with the sun right me but I did it.  I actually felt pretty strong running.  I only ran 2.5 miles but it felt pretty good.  I had a good pace with 10 minute miles. 

This afternoon M has a 4 mile training run so we're going to do it together.  The boys will come along for the ride in the double Bob.  I'm looking forward to the whole family out running. 

M's marathon is a little over a week away.  I'm so proud of him getting this far in his training and I know he'll do great on the 23rd.  I signed up to volunteer to hand out packets for the runners this Sunday at the Sports Basement near our house.  I'm beginning to warm to the idea of entering a race myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment