Sunday, September 2, 2012

Slump

I'm in a running slump.  You would have thought after my great Chi Running workshop yesterday that I'd be excited to get out the door this morning and run my scheduled 5.5 miles.  I'm a little over a week from completing my 10K training program.  My 5 mile run last Sunday was awesome.  Why do I not feel awesome now?

I didn't go run.  I made an excuse.  I just wasn't feeling it.  I know it's natural to have running slumps.  I know it happens.  What I'm afraid of is this becoming longer than a 1 day slump.  I need to get back to it.  I know the first run (or runs) while trying to break through a slump are going to be hard.  I need to fight through it though. 

Sigh.  I keep waiting for the day that running is easy for me.  That I not only WANT to get out the door and run but that I DO get out the door and run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment