Sunday, September 16, 2012

Packet Pick Up

Today I volunteered for the packet pick up for the Half Moon Bay International Marathon #HMBIM.  M is running in the marathon on the 23rd so I felt compelled to volunteer when I could.  Since I will have both boys with me when he's running the marathon I couldn't volunteer that day so instead I did today at our local Sports Basement.

It was such a great experience.  I met some of the race organizers and other volunteers.  I was amazed at the amount of hard work that goes into putting on a race.  I felt honored to play a small part in helping the race take place.  It was exciting to meet the runners coming to pick up their bibs and t-shirts.  I was amazed to hear how for some this is their first 10K, half marathon, or full marathon.  It definitely inspired me to run a race soon.

I can't wait to cheer M on in a week.  The course sounds like it is absolutely beautiful, right by the ocean.

Here's his bib!

No comments:

Post a Comment