Sunday, September 9, 2012

Only 3 miles...

I told myself yesterday that I was going to run 6 miles today.  But I didn't.  Because M had to run this morning as well and I had an appointment at 10am, I knew if I was going to get my 6 miles in I'd have to set an alarm and go early.  I just didn't feel like it. 

All day I felt guilty.  I knew I should have gotten up to run.  But i just wasn't feeling it.  Finally at 4:30 this afternoon I put on my shoes and went out the door.  I told myself it didn't matter how far I went or how fast I ran.  I just needed to run.  After 2 miles I wanted to turn and head home.  But I forced myself to run another mile.  I told myself that it is OK if I don't want to run 6 miles and continue to add mileage every week. But I will not lose the ability to run 3 miles relatively easily.  I don't want to go back to the beginning of the Couch to 5K.  So if all I run is 3 miles, that is OK.  In the end it felt pretty good.  I was happy I ran even if it was half the distance I had initially hoped I'd run today.

Sometimes the hardest part is just putting my shoes on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment