Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Why I run

There are some days when I'm running or getting up at 4:15am to do the 30 Day Shred that I ask myself why do I bother?  Why put myself through all of the hard work?  But then I'm reminded of my sweet boys.  I do it for them.  I want to be alive for many years so I can see them grow up, get married, have children of their own, find their way in life.  I want to see and experience all of that.  I do it because I want to model for them what it means to life a healthy life, how exercise can and should be incorporated into their lives.  I want to encourage the to find a passion in life and pursuit it.  I also would love to run a race with them in the future. 

I run for my boys.  I get up at 4:15am and do push ups with Jillian Michaels for my boys.  But most of all, I do it for myself.  Because a happy, confident, healthy mom is what I want to be for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment