Friday, April 12, 2013

Running Slump

My next half marathon is less than 2 months away.  I'm on week 4 of my training program.  I should be running four times a week with my weekly runs ranging from 3-4 miles and my long runs are 6-7 miles.  But since the half marathon I haven't been able to run more than 4 miles (and that was extremely difficult) and I've only run at most twice in one week.  I'm feeling so discouraged right now. 

Part of the problem is my back.  It still hurts whenever I run and the pain increases as the mileage increases.  Once I hit two miles it's downright painful so I end up taking walk breaks or just turning around and heading home.  Also this week I've been sick.  I feel like this has been an awful year for us with germs.  I've got a horrible head cold.  I have a lot of sinus congestion, coughing, body aches, the works.  Every night I've been in bed asleep by 8pm hoping the extra sleep will heal me.  I've finished one round of antibiotics and maybe I need another.

I keep hoping the next week things will turn around and I can jump back into my training.  But it hasn't happened yet.  I'm hoping to run 6 miles tomorrow morning.  If I can manage that then I think I'll get my confidence back.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment