Monday, April 29, 2013

Update on Last Week and This Week's Goals

Here were my goals for last week and my update on how I did with them (in bold).

Exercise:  I plan on doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Monday through Friday.  I wake up super early to do it so I can take care of it right away.  For me this means waking up at 4:20 in the morning.  While I do not like waking up that early I do love getting it taken care of.  It also helps set the right tone for the rest of the day.  I'm hoping the cross training will be good for my endurance and help strengthen my core which in turn might help out my back.


Not a total success - I did the 30DS three days last week Monday thru Wednesday.
I hope to run 3 times this week.  I'm not sure when yet though.  I think I'm going to try for Tuesday afternoon, Friday afternoon, and one time this weekend.  I might be able to squeeze in a run Wednesday afternoon too.
I didn't run once.  :-(  My back is just still not in a good spot.  I didn't want to make it worse by running.


Food:
Making healthy choices is going to be tough this week.  My birthday is tomorrow and that means I have a lot of opportunities to indulge.  I have lunch and dinner plans tomorrow.  My parents offered to watch the boys so M and I could do dinner Wednesday.  Then Thursday and Friday I'm meeting up with friends for dinner.  I know I will probably not be making the best choices and allowing myself dessert since I normally turn it down.  But hopefully I don't go too far off the deep end.
I definitely indulged more than usual and I did eat out almost every day which is unheard of for me.  But when I wasn't eating out or having a special birthday meal then I tried to make healthy choices.

Other goals:
My other goal this week is to watch my water intake.  It's start to warm up (today has a projected high of 88 degrees) so I know I need to drink water.  My goal is 100 ounces a day. 
I did pretty good with this one.  I drank close to 100 ounces every day. 

Week or April 29 Goals
 

Exercise: 
30 Day Shred Monday through Friday at 4:20am.

Run at least twice but ideally 3 times.  Even if it is just a slow, one mile jog.  I want to start it up again.

  Food:
I started tracking my calories today.  I want to track calories to really get an idea of what I'm taking in each day.  I hope it will hold me more accountable to those little bites I sneak every now and then.  Also I need to curb my sweet tooth a bit.

Other goals:
I want to keep up the water intake.  It's supposed to be close to 90 degrees every day so I know this is important.  I also want to try and get into the chiropractor this week as well as get a massage to see if I can start healing my back pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment