Monday, April 15, 2013

7 Weeks To Go

I've got 7 weeks until my next half marathon.  At this point I should be consistently running four times a week with long runs ranging from 6-7 miles.  Unfortunately I'm not there yet.  I've run at most twice a week since my last half marathon on March 24th.  If it wasn't my back hurting me then it was the horrible cold and sinus infection I had.  I was hoping to get out and run 6 miles this weekend but it didn't happen.  I chose instead to rest this weekend and focus on feeling better.  I allowed myself to take the break instead of stressing about trying to run when I was sick and then not being able to finish it.  Having gone through that a few times now has been really tough on me mentally.

Today is a new week though.  I woke up today actually feeling pretty good.  I'm off the cold medicine and antibiotics.  I even woke up early to do the 30 Day Shred at 4:30am.  I'm hoping to run 3 miles this afternoon.  I know I need to buckle down these next 7 weeks if I want a successful half marathon.  I feel like I can do it.  I mean, I know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment