Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Praying for Boston

Yesterday morning I was eagerly checking the news online to see the results of the Boston Marathon.  I was more interested in it than in previous years. The night before I read an article in Runners World about Shalane and Kara and I was curious if one of them would win.  M has been talking a lot about the Boston Marathon as he's been chasing a qualification.  Not to mention I ran my first ever race just a few weeks ago. 

I was shocked and devastated when I heard about the bombings at the finish line.  I felt sick to my stomach.  I wanted to throw up.  I couldn't imagine someone doing that.  What has this world come to?  I remember standing with my sweet boys at finish lines lately to cheer on M as he completed his marathon.  We could have been there.  The pictures on the news have been horrifying.  Blood everywhere, people with missing limbs - it's too much. 

I went out to run yesterday afternoon.  I ran 3 miles and I prayed.  I prayed for the families affected by this.  I prayed for the city of Boston.  I prayed for those injured and for those who lost their lives.  Then I prayed that the violence stops.  I prayed for the safety my sons growing up in a violent world.

I watched the news as I fell asleep last night, unable to turn off the TV.  I slept horribly with nightmares, visions of what I saw online and on TV.  Those in Boston continue to be in my thoughts today and always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment