Monday, April 22, 2013

Goals for this week

Since I'm not training for a half marathon anymore I decided every week I need to set goals for myself to keep me accountable to working out and eating healthy foods. 

Exercise: 
I plan on doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Monday through Friday.  I wake up super early to do it so I can take care of it right away.  For me this means waking up at 4:20 in the morning.  While I do not like waking up that early I do love getting it taken care of.  It also helps set the right tone for the rest of the day.  I'm hoping the cross training will be good for my endurance and help strengthen my core which in turn might help out my back.

I hope to run 3 times this week.  I'm not sure when yet though.  I think I'm going to try for Tuesday afternoon, Friday afternoon, and one time this weekend.  I might be able to squeeze in a run Wednesday afternoon too.

Food:
Making healthy choices is going to be tough this week.  My birthday is tomorrow and that means I have a lot of opportunities to indulge.  I have lunch and dinner plans tomorrow.  My parents offered to watch the boys so M and I could do dinner Wednesday.  Then Thursday and Friday I'm meeting up with friends for dinner.  I know I will probably not be making the best choices and allowing myself dessert since I normally turn it down.  But hopefully I don't go too far off the deep end. 

Other goals:
My other goal this week is to watch my water intake.  It's start to warm up (today has a projected high of 88 degrees) so I know I need to drink water.  My goal is 100 ounces a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment