Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Running in Florence

This weekend M and I had a great opportunity to travel (for free!) to Florence, Italy for a teacher's convention.  We were grateful to my parents who offered to watch our sweet boys while we went.  We couldn't pass up a free trip to one of my favorite cities. 

We arrived at 1:40pm in Florence and were at the hotel by 2:30pm.  After we checked into our hotel M asked me if I wanted to go for a run (I had to run 6 miles this weekend).  Even though I was exhausted I knew if we took a nap it would wreck havoc on our nighttime sleep.  So we laced up our shoes and headed down to the lobby to ask the tour directors if they could recommend a route for us.  They definitely were surprised to see us in running clothes after just arriving. 

It felt awesome though.  We ran next to the Arno river.  The first mile and a half was a bit hectic as pedestrians definitely do not have the right of way in Italy but once we got outside the city center we had a beautiful run.  The sky was blue and it was chilly but not too cold to run in.  We loved it.  We definitely made up for the miles we put in with all of the  yummy food we ate the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment