Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Run Post-Florence

When we talked about whether or not we were going to Florence, one thing we had to consider was how the trip would affect our training.  I knew if we went that I'd have to stay true to my half marathon training and that would mean getting in a long run in Florence and then jumping right back into my mid-week runs once we returned. 

When we got home yesterday afternoon we were exhausted after not having slept much on the plane.  We were both asleep not long after the boys went down - definitely before 8pm.  I was hoping the extra sleep would ward off jet lag this week. 

Today I had to run around 4 miles.  I didn't have time to run at lunch so that meant I had to do it after work which is my least favorite time to run.  By the time I commute home the last thing I want to do is go out for a run.  Plus the house was quiet because M took the boys to swim lessons.  Taking a nap or even just relaxing on the couch in the quiet house sounded so good!  But I immediately changed into my running clothes and headed out.  I didn't run very fast but I finished. 

Hopefully I'll keep up with my mid-week runs this week even as the travel exhaustion hits me.  I have to run my first double digit run on Saturday!  I need to be prepared for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment