Friday, February 8, 2013

Facing 8 Miles

I've been pretty lucky so far in my half marathon training.  A lot of my runs I've been able to do with other people.  A coworker/friend of mine is also training for the same two half marathons that I am so we will run a few times a week together to get our mid-week runs in.  We both have the same prep period so a lot of times we'll run during the day.  Also on Saturdays I've been doing a lot of long runs with her.  I started a Running Club on campus and I'm working with 22 high school students to train for Oakland Running Festival's Half Marathon March 24th.  So every Saturday we meet up for our long runs.

This weekend though I'm facing an 8 mile run.  I can't run with my students because M has to work in the morning Saturday and I'm watching the boys.  I need to run these 8 miles on my own Saturday afternoon.  One minute I'll be excited knowing I've put in my weekly runs and I handled 7 miles pretty well.  But then the next minute I freak out thinking about how long 8 miles will be and I'll be doing them all on my own.  I know I need to do this on my own though.  Running 7 miles last Saturday was a right of passage - it was the furthest I've run.  I needed to hit that mileage to know I can do more.  Tomorrow I need to run 8 miles alone.  The furthest I've run and relying on only myself to get me through.  Here's hoping it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment