Saturday, February 9, 2013

8 Miles

I ran 8 miles today.  I can hardly believe it.  A year ago I couldn't even run 1 mile and now I can run 8 miles.  I may not be fast but I can do it. 

I was worried about today's run.  I got a pedicure yesterday and the nail technician was a bit aggressive about cutting my cuticles on my toes and I had a sore spot on my left big toe.  Then this morning I was picking Evan up and tweaked my neck.  I felt like I had a pinched nerve on my right side of my neck.  I just wasn't feeling very well.  But I knew I needed to get my miles in.  I told myself to just go and run.  If I had to take a walk break, I could take a walk break. 

I did it.  After about 5.5 miles I was in a lot of pain.  My form was off because if I landed normally on my left foot my toe hurt.  Then if I turned my neck my pinched nerve hurt.  I think it just threw everything off.  I finished strong though and it felt good. 
Next weekend M and I are going to be in Florence and I have an easy run week of 6 miles before running 10 the following week.  That 13.1 miles isn't seeming too unattainable now!

No comments:

Post a Comment