Saturday, February 23, 2013

First Double Digit Run

Today I ran my first double digit run ever - 10 miles.  I was a bit worried going into this run as I only had one other run this week of 4.3 miles.  I just had a crazy busy week plus jet lag caught up to me and I was running low on energy.  I was hoping my lack of regular running would work as a taper and leave me fresh today - and it did! 

I ran the 10 miles with my friend who is also training for the half.  We kept at a slow pace of 12 minute miles but I almost felt like I could have gone faster.  My friend wasn't feeling it though so I stuck with her at a slower pace.  It felt awesome to finish 10 miles and still feel pretty strong.  It gave me hope for completing the half marathon without feeling completely dead!

I did get a blister on the run on my right toe.  Hoping it was a fluke.  Not a fan of that aspect of running.  We'll see how my next long run goes and determine if I need to make any adjustments to my socks or shoes. 

Here's A and I right after we finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment