Thursday, August 23, 2012

Time to find a race?

I've never really felt the need to run in a race.  I know I won't win as I'm not that fast.  I have thought that I would feel bad about myself for not going as fast as others will.  But lately that's changed. 

Last week I ran around Lake Merritt in 31 minutes.  This past Tuesday I ran Lake Merritt again in 29 minutes even though I wasn't trying to go any faster.  I was so excited when I finished and realized that I was 2 minutes faster than my previous time.  It gave me that feeling that maybe I would feel that way when running a race?  I finally saw what M has been trying to explain to me that it's about doing MY personal best, not competing against anyone else. 

I love the structure of a training program (I'm 2.5 weeks away from completing my 10K training program) and I'm already considering a half marathon in the next 6 months.  But I've started thinking that maybe I need to find a few 10K races to run this fall/winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment