Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back to Work

I went back to work last week.  I was worried that I would have a hard time keeping up my training schedule.  Our weekdays are so incredibly hectic when we are working.  I'm up every day at 5am to get myself up and ready plus the boys fed and dressed.  We are out the door by 6:40am.  The boys are dropped off at day care and I head in to work.  By the time I pick up the boys and get back home it's 4:30pm, sometimes later.  If it's a non swim class night then M and I begin the mad rush of cook dinner, feed the boys dinner, give them baths, read stories, and put them to bed, all before 7pm.  It's crazy!

I hate exercising at night.  It's just not my favorite time.  I'm usually too exhausted.  But I still did it last week.  Tuesday when I finished working I brought my running clothes into Oakland with me and ran Lake Merritt before heading home.  I was able to run in slightly cooler temperatures and get my run in before grabbing the boys.  I may make that my new Tuesday routine. 

Today Mike and I both went for longer runs in the morning.  I ran 4.5 miles which is my furthest distance to date - 3 weeks until I've finished my 10K program.  Mike ran 20 (!!!) miles in preparation of his marathon in 5 weeks. 

I'm hoping we can continue making exercise a priority without sacrificing the precious time we have with our boys.  It's tough to juggle it all though.

No comments:

Post a Comment