Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lazy Weekend Mornings

I miss lazy weekend mornings.  The ones where I woke up whenever I felt like it.  Leisurely drank coffee while reading a good book in bed.  Deciding to go out to grab breakfast around 11am.  I should have enjoyed them more when I had the chance.

Being a mom of two kids, most of that is just not a reality.  Maybe on Mother's Day but other than that, it's just probably not going to happen.  Throw in two parents who are both training for bigger runs and weekend mornings get even more hectic. 

Our typical weekend morning now consists of both of us getting up around 6am (or whenever we first hear one of the boys begin to stir).  M typically is the parent who will get each of the boys up and get them their breakfasts (well, bottle for E).  I get dressed and head out the door for my run.  As soon as I get home I hop in the shower.  Once I get out I tag M and he's out the door for his run.  I then finish getting ready, feed E his breakfast, eat my breakfast while sharing with both boys, of course, and play with my boys.  Then it's time to put E down for his nap and if I'm feeling particularly wiped out already (and it's only 9am mind you!) then I'll put some Thomas on for L so I can sit down and drink a cup of coffee. 

The amount of stuff we accomplish before 10am amazes me.  I'm usually ready for a nap by then but the day is just beginning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment