Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 1st

It's March today.  Two months already into 2014.  I'm no where near where I'd thought I'd be when I thought up my goals for 2014.  But that's OK.  I need to be kind to myself and remember I was injured.  I was feeling burnt out on always being in the training mode for some race.  It's good to take some time off, to actually miss running for running. 

My hip is finally feeling better but then I got hit with a horrible cold.  My chest felt tight like I couldn't get a full breath in.  Running didn't seem like a good option.  But Monday I'm going to try again. 

My goal for the next 4 weeks is to run 4 days a week.  One "long" run - I say long in quotes because I know I've lost some running fitness.  I'm going to start with 4 miles and increase by a mile each week.  One run will be hill repeats - something I've never done before.  I know which hill I'm going to run up and down but I'm not yet sure how many times.  I think I'll start by doing as many as I can and then add one more.  Each week I'll increase from there.  One run will be easy.  My last one will be a tempo run or some type of speed intervals. 

In addition to running 4 times a week I want to go to my yoga studio ideally 3 times a week but I'd settle for 2.  I also want to do one day a week of strength training with weights (since yoga can count as strength training as well I figured once is good).  This means some days I may need to double up since I will want at least one day off a week.  I plan on checking in here each week to recap what I've done.  I'm hoping this helps me get back to a regular routine of running and taking care of my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment