Saturday, March 29, 2014

Back at it

I've fallen off the wagon.  Life got in the way yet again and it seems like I've been sick 3 weeks out of March.  Plus I've also come to realize that I just don't run regularly when I'm not training for something.  I need the accountability of knowing my runs are working towards a bigger goal.  I've decided to change that. 

I signed up for two races in May.  I'm a huge fan of Brazen Racing and decided to sign up for two of their races.  I'm doing the Western Pacific 10K on May 3 and the Nitro Trail 5K on May 31.  But that's not all I've got on my race calendar.  I've got something else.  Something BIG. 

For awhile now I've thought that a half marathon was probably the max distance I would run in a race.  I don't think I'm cut out for anything longer.  But then again, a marathon has always been on my bucket list.  It's something I'd love to say I did.  Because I never, ever thought I would run one before (hell, I never even thought I'd run at all!).  I've always said that if I were to run a marathon it would have to be a big race.  A race with a lot of spectators to boost my spirits when I hit the wall.  A race with a lot of participants so I never feel like I'm running all by myself. 

The Marine Corps Marathon is one of those races.  I happened to look at their website and saw that they were accepting entrants for their lottery.  I entered feeling fairly confident I wouldn't get selected. 

But then I did.  I got into Marine Corps.  Holy crap.  I'm going to run a marathon.  I'm just a bit frightened...

No comments:

Post a Comment