Monday, March 3, 2014

Day One

Today is day one of getting back on the wagon.  My goal of running 4 times a week, yoga/pilates 2-3 times, and strength training once is starting today.  When I work I get up early (4:40am).  I shower and get ready and then head into the kitchen.  Mike and the boys are still sleeping.  I have usually 20 minutes of quiet to drink a cup of coffee, check email, and have some downtime to myself before Lucas is up. 
I've been so hungry in the morning lately and doesn't seem to matter what I eat for breakfast I'm still starving a few hours later.  Today I tried having a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries.  It kept me full until noon - win!
Once the day gets going it is so busy.  The job of a teacher is pretty demanding and I feel like I'm going nonstop until I leave at 3:45.  I packed lunches for the week yesterday (mixed greens with grilled chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, and balsamic vinegar.  Made it really easy to eat in my classroom while helping some students. 
 
It's a good thing I love doing what I do.  Mike was running home from work today (the beauty of living so close to work!) and I was picking up the boys.  Even though we live less than a mile and a half from work the pick up of both boys at two different locations takes about 45 minutes. 

I'm so happy when I see them in the afternoon.  I usually get Evan first and love hearing about how day while we drive to pick up Lucas.
 
When I got home I made the boys a snack and then changed to go for my run.  It's been a few weeks since I've run so I wasn't sure how my hip would feel.  I decided to just do a short, easy 2.5 miles to ease into it again.  It felt good to be running again.  I've missed it. 

I came home and played with the boys a bit while I did some ab work and Mike made dinner. 


The boys are finishing their shower with daddy then it will be time to read books with them before they go to sleep. I've got big plans of a hot cup of tea (still nursing that awful sore throat and cold - going on day 11 now!) and The Bachelor on TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment