Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lafayette Reservoir

I had to get in a 3 mile run today.  I needed to tutor at 5pm in Lafayette so I figured I'd head to the Lafayette Reservoir after work and get my run in there.  I love the Lafayette Reservoir and I hate the Lafayette Reservoir.  I love that it is a beautiful loop and a well populated trail so I never worry about being out there with my headphones on.  I hate that it is hilly.  I don't run hills.  I avoid them.  The races I've chosen to run this year are all relatively flat.  M is always telling me I should incorporate some hill training into my workouts but I always resist.  We do have some beautiful trails around our home but they do involve hills. 

Today I said I was going to do it.  I ran almost the whole thing.  There was one hill that was just too long and I wasn't feeling it.  But other than that I ran the entire loop.  It felt great.  Next week I'm tackling it again only this time I will run the entire loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment