Thursday, January 24, 2013

Finally a good run!

After a week of hard runs (mostly because I've been sick) I finally had a good one today.  My schedule called for 3.5 miles and my friend and I did just that.  We even incorporated two good hills into our run.  The first mile I felt like crap probably because I haven't been pushing myself this week and I still don't feel well.  But after the halfway point I felt really good, strong and confident.  It was awesome.

In other news I am so excited to have a running partner and friend.  My coworker and I are both training for the same two half marathons this spring so we tend to run together 2-3 times a week.  I've only ever run with M before and he runs at a much faster pace so when he runs with me I know he's going slower and it's pretty easy for him.  Whereas my friend and I are at a similar pace so we both can struggle at times and it's been really nice to encourage each other.  It's also good to hold each other accountable for getting our training runs in.  I love it.  I think I've always been self conscious about how I run slow that I've been intimidated about running with anyone.  I don't know what I was thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment