Friday, March 22, 2013

2 Days Away

My first half marathon is in 2 days.  It seems like it wasn't really that long ago that I started the 12 week training program.  Yet here I am - 2 days away from running my first (and hopefully not last!) half marathon.

The past few weeks of training have been hard for me.  Life has been really hectic and finding the time to squeeze in the runs has been a challenge.  I've made all of my long runs on the weekend but have only been doing one other run most weeks.  On a  good week I'd run 2 additional times.  Despite that I'm still feeling pretty good.  I haven't set a time goal for myself.  My goal is just to finish this half marathon.  Once I get my first one under my belt then I'll create a time goal for my next one (June 8th) and train for that.

Sunday, March 9th I ran 12 miles - my furthest distance.  While it was difficult and challenging I remember feeling like I could push myself to run another mile.  It made me for the first time really feel like I can do this.  I will finish it.  It's a good feeling to have.

Yesterday I was rear ended.  Thankfully she wasn't going too fast and there's minimal damage to my car but today I woke up with a sore lower back.  It hurts to stand, it hurts to sit.  I'm worried about how this will affect me on Sunday.  I have an appointment this afternoon with my chiropractor and then I'll get a massage after.  I'm hoping between those two things the pain will improve and I'll be able to run Sunday. 

As of now I'm going into this with the mindset that I will finish it, even if I'm in pain and in tears.  I hope I can keep up that strong determination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment