Thursday, July 25, 2013

Back in the Saddle

I'm in week 3 of my next half marathon training program.  So far this training program has started off much different than my last one.  First of all I'm feeling much more confident. I've done this once already, I know I can do it again.  Last time I was solely focused on running 3-4 days a week, that was all I did.  I was happy to be running, moving forward that I didn't want to rock the boat.  This time I'm stepping it up a bit.

I've decided that I'm going to run 4 days a week.  One day is a tempo run (which throughout my training program will be 3 miles).  My goal is to run these 3 miles fast and to keep track of my times.  I really want to gradually become a faster runner and I think this will help me.  One run is 4-5 miles mid-week.  The third run is an easy 3 miles.  I won't time it, I'm going to run by how I feel.  Lastly I'll have my weekly long run.

I'm also going to add in Yoga Meltdown (you all know I'm a huge Jillian Michaels fan) on Mondays.  I'm also going to incorporate either Ripped in 30 or 30 Day Shred 3 days a week which means some days I'll be doing the video in the morning and running in the afternoon.  I'll have one rest day a week (right now it's looking like that will be Fridays).

I'm hoping this will help better prepare me for my next half marathon:  Half Moon Bay on September 29!

No comments:

Post a Comment