Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Running Break

I have to take a running break and I'm so bummed out about it.

On Monday morning I was prepping dinner to go into the slow cooker.  I was rushing and in the process cut my finger on a lid of a can.  I yelled for M who immediately recognized that I needed stitches.  I sat down on the couch with my finger wrapped up while M ran around getting the boys up and dressed so we could go to the ER. 

After a few hours at the ER I learned that I cut a tendon and would need surgery.  I was stitched up and sent home in a splint so I wouldn't move it. 

Surgery was on Tuesday.  The tendon was repaired and thankfully there was no nerve damage.  They had to make a long zig-zag incision down my pinky to repair the tendon.   My fingers were put in a cast to allow them to heal without moving. 

I'm going in to physical therapy later this week for a smaller splint.  But I still won't be able to use my right hand for at least 6 weeks.  No holding E, no giving the boys baths, no putting E to sleep in his crib. 

This also means I can't run.  Sucks.  I'm very grateful to my amazing husband who has stepped up to fill the gap.  Without his support and love this would be even harder.  I'm hoping this heals faster than anticipated.  It just sucks that this happens right after I had a great run, right when I signed up for races this spring.   :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment