Thursday, November 1, 2012

Making It Official

I've been talking about wanting to run a race for awhile.  I've now made it official.  I've  purchased my registration for the first of 2 half marathons this spring.  Yes, that's right. I'm doing two.  I mapped out the races I want to run and I'm going to do it.

I'm starting off with a 5K on December 29.  Then in January I'm doing a 10K.  In March will be my first half marathon followed two weeks later with another 10K.  Finally in June will be my second half marathon.  I'm hoping that committing to these races will keep me running regularly and motivate me to continually improve. 

I'm a bit freaked out because I haven't run in a month.  I've been concentrating on doing the 30 Day Shred which I've now completed.  I'm hoping to head out on my first run this weekend.  I've decided to follow Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Novice training plan for my marathon in March.  Training begins the week of December 31st (how fitting to begin right at the new year - I love it).  These next two months my plan is to run 3-4 days a week.  I will take one rest day a week and the other 2-3 days I'll do the 30 Day Shred.  I don't want to lose the muscle definition I've gained this month - plus it's an awesome workout! 


No comments:

Post a Comment