Sunday, November 24, 2013

Berkeley 10 Miler

Berkeley 10 Miler

Mike and I ran our first race together today.  We ran the Berkeley 10 miler.  It started in downtown Berkeley then for the first 3.5 miles ran around downtown before heading towards the water.  The rest of the race followed the water before ending up at Golden Gate Fields.  I had so much fun running a race with Mike.  We talked throughout the race and just enjoyed being together.  I hope we can make a point to run a few races together each year.

I ran with my new racing flats.  I loved them.  I might have to buy a new pair.  I think I'm obsessed with running shoes.

One of the sponsors of the race was Pyramid Brewing Company and at the end of the race was a beer garden.  Attached to each race bib was a ticket for a free beer.  I don't really like beer but figured I just ran 10 miles maybe I'd get one.  I ordered one with the intention of having a few sips before giving it to Mike but I actually drank the entire thing.  This might have been the first beer I've drank since Mike and I have been together.  I still prefer my wine.

I'm happy to add a new medal to my collection.  I still find it so crazy that prior to 2013 I had never run a race before and now I've run 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment